Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay – Commitment to Donors
Updated- January 1, 2020
Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay Donor Policy
Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay believes in safeguarding personal information and ensuring that privacy is respected and protected for donors, all youth, volunteers, vendors and community partners. We will use personal information to keep donors, friends, vendors, volunteers and community partners informed of our activities, including our programs, special events and funding needs. We respect all requests to remain anonymous. We will always provide an “opt-out” procedure for donors and others who receive such materials to request that their names be deleted from similar mailings, phone calls, faxes or electronic communications in the future. Donors, friends, volunteers and community partners may contact Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay at any time, and we will gladly accommodate your preferences. Individuals may choose to opt out of electronic communication including emails and faxes. Individuals may also request that their record be flagged as “Do Not Call.” Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay will honor all or a combination of these “opt out” preferences.
Collection of Data: Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay collects personal data through event registration, email subscription, online donation services, postal mail, wire transfer, phone and other electronic means. We only collect this information when users submit it voluntarily or through Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay’s website. If a user prefers not to submit such information online, they may contact Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay to determine an appropriate channel to transmit this information.
- We may collect a person’s first name, last name, email address, company, position, secondary email address, address, city, state, zip code, and phone numbers (home, work, or mobile). We may collect event-specific information pertaining to a person’s attendance, corporate affiliation, meal preferences and guests.
- We may collect the provided name and email of a spouse, contributor or foundation to facilitate the recognition for a gift. This confidential information is kept on file for IRS purposes.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay
Administrative Office- Steinbrenner Metro Service Center
1307 N MacDill Ave
Tampa FL 33607
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay will maintain an electronic record in our database of all requests for discontinuance of contacts. Oral requests will be recorded in writing by Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay staff and will then be permanently recorded in the electronic donor database.
Storage of Data: Donor information is maintained in a password-protected, secured database. Only authorized personnel have access to this information and only for appropriate business purposes. This information is shared with board members and authorized staff, only on a confidential and need-to-know basis.
Sharing of Data: We respect our donors’ choices and control over their information. You, as a donor, may at any time have your name excluded from any donor list exchange activity. To ask that your name be excluded from list exchange activity or to otherwise change how Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay contacts you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Security: Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). This is a set of requirements designed to ensure that ALL companies that process, store or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment. Essentially, this includes any merchant that has a Merchant ID (MID).
- The PCI DSS is administered and managed by the PCI SSC (www.pcisecuritystandards.org), an independent body that was created by the major payment card brands (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and JCB). It is important to note that the payment brands and acquirers are responsible for enforcing compliance, not the PCI council. A copy of the PCI DSS is available here.
- Efforts are made to protect card numbers at all times. Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay does not store credit card numbers, and credit card refunds are processed manually and under strict guidelines.
Donor Bill of Rights: This Bill of Rights was created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits. Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay believes in and upholds this Bill of Rights in all donor interactions.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Changes To This Donor Policy